Sunday, October 21, 2012

Autumn arbor







This card originally was just because I had the materials and idea, then I discovered this month's Crafter's Companion challenge rules had changed. Instead of needing to use specifically a Crafter's Companion stamp, *any* obvious Crafter's Companion product qualifies. And I used Spectrum Noir markers to color. Soooo... I'm now entering it in the Crafter's Companion challenge (fall colors) for the month. :D

I used memento ink to stamp this arbor on some parchment effect paper, then cut it using a Spellbinders Fleur de lis die. (Amusingly, I wasn't sure I wanted that die when I got it, the illustration just didn't look too impressive, but now that I've got it, it's one of my favorites). I colored the stamp using my spectrum noir in fall colors (which are almost the only spectrum noir I have so far...), added a touch of chalk in the middle of the roses for texture and 'oomph', then colored the wood of the arbor and the bench using my white sakura glaze pen. Then I ran a sheet of orange glitter paper through the same Spellbinders die and used the punched pieces in the cutouts.

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete