Thursday, June 28, 2012

Steampunk Shadowbox

So, a couple of months back, at a Hobby Lobby sale, mom and I came across these really cute steampunk dimensional stickers. I loved them, she loved them, and she asked "what's steampunk." The next few weeks were spent teaching her about steampunk (which, while not my *favorite* genre, is one I like) and picking up various supplies for a paper-plus crafting project. I don't know what you call it when you go from just paper products to paper, stamps, metal embellishments, wood.... She decided she was overwhelmed with everything, so asked me to make something for her. Knowing what sorts of things she likes, I ended up deciding on a shadowbox. And here's the result. Hope you enjoy! I sure enjoyed making it.











2 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is stunning!! You are an awesome designer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee. Thanks :D I had so much fun making this, I'd love to do another. So many projects, so little time!

      Delete